Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Some of this hotel's RB activities and achievements:
- A Nordic Swan Ecolabel recipient, the first hotel in Helsinki
- Action plan includes water consumption, energy consumption, waste, recycling and purchasing policy
- Better recycling during room renovation of old equipment and furniture, producing less waste
- Eco-training included in department meetings
- Exercise options for staff with wellness costs partially covered
- Parent company Sokotel Ltd. first hotel company in Finland to install defibrillators, with extensive training for management staff
- A special work/life/well-being balance program provided for night auditors, led by the company’s occupational health professionals and doctors